Some Story from Borton


Some Story from Borton, Volkswagen Crew Cab truck
The VW Crew Cab truck has such a wonderful history and I am so proud every time I get behind the wheel of my Crew Cab truck. Lots of people do not know this but the VW Crew Cab truck has been around for about sixty years. How many cars still in production today can say that? I cannot think of any. I have always wondered how it is that some cars like the VW Crew Cab truck stand the test of time and other types of cars do not. The answer that I keep coming back to is that the VW Crew Cab truck has a personality. Most cars are just a piece of machinery with nuts and bolts and gas and oil but none of them seem to have feelings or personality quite like the VW Crew Cab truck.

When I go into my garage and look at my VW Crew Cab truck I actually hear a small voice in my head greet me as if to say come on in and drive me. The VW Crew Cab truck wants to hit the road and be driven. My VW Crew Cab truck is named Borton as I have had Borton for about fourty years. When I got my VW Crew Cab truck I could not drive her for about six years. Borton needed a ton of work and I spent every last penny I could over many months to give the car what it needed. Borton had a perky happy personality and wanted more than anything to get out on the road and drive. The problem was that I had to spend a lot of time getting the car ready to go. I spent the majority of my time trying to locate VW auto parts. These days there are no real problems finding auto parts for all types of cars. Actually one of the easiest types of parts to find is those for the VW Crew Cab truck.

This was not the case. I spent every weekend day that I could scouring junkyards trying to find exactly what I was looking for. Over months poor Borton the VW Crew Cab truck looked like a patch work quilt and I think by the time I finished with her he was about five different colors. I found a hood from a green VW Bus and then found the passenger door from a yellow VW Bus.

That was the first pair of pieces I found for her. The next piece was a driver door from a black VW Bus. That part I had to call around for and ended up driving to a VW junkyard an hour from my house to get a hold of. The next piece I found was the driver door that too was from a yellow VW Bus but the yellows did not even match. I found a fender from a blue VW Crew Cab truck and that completed the outside of Borton. Poor Borton was a mess but he was coming together. I had the opportunity to finally see my beautiful VW Crew Cab truck in all of its glory.I will not bore you with the story of the interior but I got those parts from a ton of different VW Crew Cab truck as well. My VW Crew Cab truck looked like a Frankenstein but oh how wonderful it was. I then had to decide what color to paint my Crew Cab truck.

I thought of a lot of the colors that were available at the time and decided that my VW Crew Cab truck had to be the brightest red that I could get. I figured that my VW Crew Cab truck was stuck looking terrible for far too long that now that it was a perfect looking car it had to be bold and give the car a chance to stand out in a crowd. That is just what I did. I got Borton painted to be the brightest most beautiful VW Crew Cab truck I have ever seen. I have been driving this VW Crew Cab truck for years now and have a smile on my face every time I drive it. Since then I have collected a handful of VW Crew Cab trucks but none of them required the amount of time and money that Borton did. I am proud every time I look at that wonderful little VW Crew Cab truck and he will always have a special place in my heart. Fellow VW Crew Cab truck owners and lover I applaud you for sticking with the Crew Cab truck and giving it such a rich history and a bright future. Forever live the VW Crew Cab truck, hooray!

Share this:

, ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment